Saturday, December 24, 2022

Monkey Business


I've finished up the last 18 Monkey Wrench blocks to complete a set of 48 blocks. 
The blocks finish at 7.5 inches and will go into a 6 x 8 layout for a child's donation quilt. 

I've been working on sewing up a couple of boxes of HST and waste triangle parts all year and I came across quite a few yellow/floral HST parts left over from a Florabunda (Jacob's Ladder) quilt I finished up back in 2017 that was started way back in 2011.  So I combined those yellow/floral 3.5 inch unfinished HSTs with some 2 inch pieces and tried to make some fun and happy looking blocks for a child's quilt.  These HSTs and blocks were just made from scraps.

I will set these aside to sew into a top and maybe finish in January when my sewing room theme will be KIDS. 

Happy Holidays!

And sew on...

 

9 comments:

Nann said...

The yellow background is so cheerful! Have a lovely Christmas, Cathy.

Anonymous said...

Happy holidays to you! Stay warm and safe

MissPat said...

Merry Christmas, Cathy.
Pat

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are pretty with their yellow backgrounds! I think we all need the sun to come out this weekend, lol! Those Monkey Wrenches will make great kids' quilts - so happy and fun. Merry Christmas, Cathy!

Linda In UK said...

These Monkey Wrench Blocks will make a great quilt. Happy Christmas.

gayle said...

Oh! I love those bright colors against the yellow backgrounds! What joy!
May all of your holidays be the best ones ever!

Beth H said...

AS others have said here, I am loving the cheery yellow backgrounds!
That will be a fun quilt when you find time for it!
Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Kathleen said...

I love your quilts and your blog, Cathy. Have a great holiday. Kathleen

Pamela Arbour said...

I have been missing your blog and it happily showed up in "follow it" email today. That will make a great child's quilt. One they will hold dear to them. It looks so comforting.
Merry Christmas!