Friday, December 23, 2022

In Memory Of






Carol, a beloved member of our Sunshine Online Quilt Guild (charity quilting group), passed away a few days ago.  Carol used to blog at Giraffe Dreams.

Carol's favorite quilt block was Ohio Star. Her favorite color was blue. Carol's cousin Beth (also a member of Sunshine) will be collecting 12 inch Ohio Star blocks with blue to make into donation quilts in her memory. Carol loved making quilts for children. 

I thought I should make some blocks immediately and get them sent off before I get distracted or forget.

I never met Carol in person but I am a better person for having known her for many years. 

 

8 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Oh my goodness - I had no idea Carol was gone! She and I commented on each other's blogs for years. I totally agree with your final statement - we are all better for having known Carol.

swooze said...

YOU are a sweet lady. Love the plaids especially. Merry Christmas!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I'm so sorry to hear of Carol's passing. I read her blog and we commented back and forth many times. She had a heart of gold. I loved seeing the photos when she identified a quilt she had made that had reached a child in need of comfort.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are pretty in all the blues, and a very special reason for making them, too. So sorry to hear of the loss of your quilting friend, Cathy. Even when we don't know people in person, we can connect through our quilting!

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Oh no! That's so sad! I never met Carol in person but had sent quilts to her when she was collecting for QBB. If you could email the contact info, I'd like to make a few blocks, too!

Jeanne said...

Oh my, I'm so surprised to learn about Carol's passing. Quilts have connected so many of our lives.

MissPat said...

My condolences. Our online quilting friends do become true friends as we share our joys and sorrows. How very nice that a quilt will be made in her memory.
Pat

Nann said...

Oh, Cathy, I had no idea. Every time I saw something giraffe-themed I'd think of her. We shared reading and quilting.