I just finished the candlewicking on a 14 inch pillow cover. There was not quite enough thread in the kit so a few of the colonial knots are done in a slightly different color.
This kit even came with the pillow cover all put together and a zipper in back. Pretty fancy!
And it only cost me 95 cents! Back before retirement I used to pick up kits like this at the thrift store thinking I would work on them when I retired. Four years into retirement I guess the time to work on these things is now. They make nice summer project when it is too hot to hand quilt. There's another 95 cent Candlewick pillow cover waiting for some embroidery. I'll probably skip the lace on it because it is that scratchy and stiff type of old lace I don't like. I plan to make some pillow forms out of muslin and batting scraps when I have all of these embroideries finished.
This week I finished five more flowers for Grandmother's Flower Garden. That makes 23 flowers out of the target of 30. I inherited 15 blocks and the parts to make 15 more
This is another thrift store find. It included the stamped cross stitch dresser scarf/table runner and needle but no lace like the card said. I'm sure I can find some here in my crazy quilting supplies. I have plenty of embroidery thread so no problem there. This is about the extent of the cross stitch I can do anymore because my eyesight is failing and it has never been that good. The stamped embroidery reminds me of my grandmother who taught me how to embroider on a stamped cloth and also on gingham.
I will use this as a buffet topper or pie safe topper when finished. I do love roses!