I finished five more Flowers this week. I've been working on them a little each evening. They make a nice end-of-a-hot-day project to relax with before bedtime.
Now I have one and a half to assemble and I will have 30 Flowers. At the beginning of the month I gave the backstory on these Flowers- I was given a nice bouquet of 15 flowers and the seeds for 15 more.
Now I know myself well enough to know that I will get very bored if I connect these Flowers together with hundreds of white hexies as in a traditional Grandmother's Flower Garden. And very soon this garden would wither and die. I don't want that to happen. So...
...I found a few chunks of low volume florals in my stash I think I can use. I've cut some of them into 13.5 inch squares and will applique the flowers to the background squares. Well, actually...I think I will blanket stitch the flowers to the backgrounds with various colors of variegated embroidery thread. Then I won't get bored and Grandmother's Flower Garden will continue to grow.