Friday, March 8, 2019

Out of the Blue


 I've been making these blocks using blues for the triangle sides and warm colors for the points that form a star.  Last time I posted about these blocks I wasn't sure if I had enough blues to make 128 blocks.  Well, out of the blue I received a box in the mail from a quilty friend with blue fabric bits and pieces. 
Thank you, quilty friend! 
That was enough for 39 blocks. I now have a total of 67 blocks toward my goal of 128. 

I'll get by with a little help from my friend. 
You made my day and you've helped make my quilt!

And I've been looking for a name for this quilt.  The pattern calls it Minnie's Stars since it was inspired by a quilt made by a lady named Minnie.  I'm calling my quilt "Out of the Blue". 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always loved this pattern! The first name I knew of it - from decades ago - was Road to Florida. In the last couple of years, I've seen it called Smoothing Iron. It's a great pattern and Out of the Blue fits your quilt perfectly. :-D

Karen F.

Ann said...

What a wonderful surprise. I'm reminded of that old song, the Wells Fargo Wagon.
Have a good weekend.

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

Quilty friends are the best.

---"Love" said...

That's going to be another beautiful quilt, very soon I'm guessing. ---"Love"

audrey said...

What an awesome friend.:)

Emily said...

What a great quilty friend! Such a great surprise!