Saturday, November 3, 2018

It's About Time

 I finished six Christmas stockings. 


 Forty years ago when my son was four years old and my daughter was two years old I made them these Christmas Stockings. Santa has filled them with goodies every year since then. They have held up pretty well except some of the stitches in the embroidery of their names are missing. 

Six years later another son came along and every year since then I've been telling myself I really need to make him a special Christmas stocking since he has worn out many a cheap felt dollar store stocking. 

And finally...this is the year now that he's 34 years old. 

Johnny has always loved cats. While going through Christmas and cat fabrics I found enough bits and pieces of  Laurel Burch fabrics to put together a stocking for him. Won't he be surprised. 

 I thought I had enough six inch Christmas nine patches to make six stockings but I only had enough to make four.  There's two for my granddaughters, one for my grandson and one for my son-in-law. 


I had some six inch squares of snowmen and snowflakes to make a stocking for my oldest son's girlfriend because I know that's something she likes. 

Now everyone will have their own special Christmas stocking for Santa to fill. 

And I know what they will all say on Christmas day when they see them...
"It's About Time". 

13 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Oh gee they are so cool. But oh my gosh, I hate thinking about Christmas being so close!! At least YOU have one task completed.
xx, Carol

Run 'n Stitch said...

Your family will be very happy with their gifts. Fill them full of love and goodies. It's fun to see all of the Christmas fabrics.

Linda said...

Better late than never! I'm sure they will be delighted.��

audrey said...

Very fun looking! I adore handmade stockings.:)

Julierose said...

these are just so adorable--Love them so much..and the themed variations are super...hugs, Julierose

Janie said...

Brilliant!
They look wonderful, I love all things Christmas.

gayle said...

Deck the Halls and Ho ho ho! Look at all that holiday happiness!

Louise said...

I love that Laurel Burch cat fabric!

Grandma said...

So pretty! They will love them.

Emily said...

These are great! My mom is a crocheter, she always made everyone's Christmas stocking. Except someone else gave me one when I was born, an older cousin I think, so I didn't have one she made. Finally I asked her to make me one--well into my 30s! It's never too late! Your family will love these!

Unknown said...

Love the stockings. I keep saying I need to make some, but haven't yet.

Crystal_235 said...

Love the stockings. I need to make some.

Sew of Course said...

Never too late for stockings! Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2018 hosts!