Tuesday, September 29, 2026

A Little Finish

A Little Finish
43 x 43


I started making these blocks back in July 2025. (On that post you can see the actual color or lack of color in the blocks). I had a little box of pastel scraps and someone had just given me quite a few low volume 4.5 inch squares so I decided to make a few plus sign blocks.

I made 15 blocks in July 2025 and wasn't sure I liked them because they seemed rather busy and I'm not fond of pastels. I put them away in a box until I decided what to do with them. 

When the Rainbow Scrap Challenge (RSC) "color" of the month this year in June was pastels I dug out the blocks and made one more and decided to sash blocks with gray for a baby quilt top. 

I quilted it with horizontal and vertical lines. 

The backing and binding are of the same gray fabric as the sashing. 

And now it is ready to hug a wee one.

And sew on...

So that completes my September quilting marathon. I finished an even dozen. I'm missing piecing with scraps so might be doing some of that today before I head out for a little gardening before another week of rain. 

 The theme in my sewing space for October to move things forward is "reproductions" - that means working on quilts with both civil war and 30s reproduction fabrics. I think it might also include finishing a few quilts that are my reproductions of vintage quilts. 



 

4 comments:

Nann said...

Congratulations on the marathon finish! How far ahead do you plan your monthly themes?

Julierose said...

Sweet little pastel quilt, Cathy;))) Great to finish up on your them for September...hugs, Julierose

Elle said...

Fabulous as always! Congrats on your September marathon goal achieved. Amidst everything else September dished out, you still did it :-)

Chantal said...

So many finishes in one month!! Congratulations! You did more than an excellent job but I don't the word. Enjoy the piecing and the gardens. ;^)