Monday, September 7, 2026

The Pink Contessa Finish

It's a finish!
The Pink Contessa
40 x 60



I made blocks in June 2025 and stashed them away in my SAR (Some Assembly Required) bin until last month when I assembled the top and quilted it. This week I put on the binding. 

I know these blocks as a Basket Weave. Once you know the formula for figuring out rectangle and sides for the size block you want you can pretty much use anything for the rectangle. It's similar to making Happy Blocks - figure out size of block you want and then figure out size of center block and sides and you can pretty much use anything for the center. 

With that said...I used I used Moda's free pattern called Contessa.for inspiration only. 



BUT
I didn't use a jellyroll. I used 2.5 inch width scraps.
I didn't make as many blocks. (Pattern is 60 x 70)
I didn't make stripsets of 5 WOF strips (because I didn't have that many in my scrap bin). Instead I made 4 strip sets of 3 or 4 strips and then cut them into the 6.5 inch sections and added  2.5 x 6.5 inch rectangle(s) (from 2.5 inch width scrap bin) to the ends of each section. 


The back.
I quilted it on my DSM with horizontal and vertical lines of red. 

And now it's ready to give a wee one a quilty hug. 


I also made a blue and a green version of Contessa so stay tuned. You might be seeing them soon. 

And sew on...


***
I still have some roses blooming! Maybe I should stop and smell them! 














 

No comments: