Uneven Nine Patch
It's a finish!
42 x 49
It is one of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge (RSC) projects started this year to use scraps in the 3.5 inch width scrap box. Plus I added 1.5 inch width sashing in multicolor prints.
A couple of months ago I noticed I had quite a few blocks made so counted them up and divided into piles for two quilts - a kiddo version using novelties and geometrics and a bigger version using all the rest. After I divided them up I made more blocks to add to each pile so I had two complete block sets.
I quilted it on my sewing machine with vertical and horizontal lines.
There's a sunny yellow backing and binding.
And now it is ready to hug a wee one.
And sew on...
***
I don' buy lottery tickets but I did sign up with the Iowa Lottery to get a free ticket every month. It's a different kind of ticket each month. This month I won $20. Usually if I win anything it is a dollar or two.
***
My grandson, a senior, scored in the top 20% nationwide on the ACT.
***
John continues to improve. Next we need to work on keeping him from more bronchiectasis flare ups that put him in the hospital with aspiration pneumonia. And he needs to make an appt. for a 30 day heart monitor to address moderate aortic stenosis found on his echocardiogram. Thank you everyone for prayers, positive vibes and best wishes.
***
Finished a book! 7 Days (book 2 of 3 in the series) by Mike Kraus, a post-apocalyptic/survival thriller. Book 3 is due to be released on Sep. 18. I hope it is revealed in the third book what occurred to put an end to the world as we know it!
***
For the second time this year it seemed like a hummingbird was trying to tell me something. I was staring out the deck door planning my gardening chores for the following day. All of a sudden a hummingbird flew up to the widow and hovered in front of me for a while. I decided to grab my camera and set it to auto focus continuous hoping to get a series of photos of the hummingbird. BUT instead I changed the darned setting to manual focus and so didn't get the series of photos I was hoping for. After saying hello to me she went off and inspected my sorry looking fuschia plant for awhile before taking a drink.
From Copilot search:
Symbolic and spiritual meanings
In many cultures, hummingbirds are seen as messengers of joy, love, and good luck . Their vibrant colors, agility, and ability to hover are often linked to resilience, adaptability, and the ability to reflect on the past while moving forward . In Native American traditions, they are sometimes considered spirit messengers or symbols of healing and rebirth . A hummingbird following you can be interpreted as a sign that positive energy is near, that healing is possible, or that you are on the right path
No comments:
Post a Comment