Wednesday, August 2, 2023

It's A Top!

Paper Chain
42 x 48
It's a top!


A few days ago I was assessing what was left of the two gallon bags of 2 inch squares I was gifted within the last year.  I decided to use the pastel squares with a pink floral fabric. 



This month the theme in my sewing space is "Free Range" and that means I'll work on whatever suits my fancy.  Some days lately I haven't felt like I've had a fancy.

I didn't want to commit myself to anything other than free range this month because I know this month I have a LOT of things going on that might keep me from doing too much in the sewing space.  But you never know and it's best to go with the flow...

And sew on...

 

7 comments:

Nann said...

"The last of" that zip loc bag.....how many more bags are waiting to be opened? LOL. Enjoy the free range month!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

All of the little bits of sewing add up. A month of whatever you feel like working on might be a month of re-organizing along with the sewing.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's really pretty! I love the pink floral. I like your Free Range sewing plan - some days you'll probably get a lot done, and other days not so much, but it's all good!

Linda said...

Gosh you made that pastel Paper Chain top very quickly. Looks pretty. .

Jenny said...

Thsts a very pretty block,made into a lovely feminine quilt. But I'm wondering, are those donated squares still laughing at you or are they nearing the end? Guess you have plenty more zip loc bags full!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Paper Chain looks amazing. So soft and feminine. Beautiful job. Well, Cathy I have still been reading your older posts. This pas week I read through 2016 and now am heading into 2015. I am loving every minute of it. Seeing all of your lovelies certainly has sparked a fire in me. Thank you so much for sharing such a lovely blog; you are an inspiration. By the way love you Windmill quilt too. Hugs.

Pamela Arbour said...

I like your theme - "free range". I do that sometimes myself. I like the soft, feminine look to this quilt.