Thursday, August 17, 2023

Oh, Yes...Another Top!

Monkey Wrench
42 x 60
It's a top!

For the last couple of years one of my Rainbow Scrap Challenge (RSC) projects has been Monkey Wrench block in three different sizes - 5 inch, 7.5 inch and 10 inch.  It's always fun to make blocks from scraps until I have a big pile of them. Then it's always fun to see how many donation/comfort quilts I can make from those piles. 

This is the first top from the 7.5 inch pile of Monkey Wrench blocks.  It looks like I may be able to get 4 more quilts out of the 7.5 inch blocks but will have to make a few more blocks to add to each pile ---some blues, some pinks for a couple of baby quilts and some of whatever for a twin sized quilt. And there's a pile of mostly blacks and I haven't quite decided as to what I'll do with those. I have a couple of ideas.


I spy a block with a couple of pieces switched around. You know I looked at the block when I took this picture thinking there was something wrong with it but couldn't quite figure out what it was. 

And sew on...

 

15 comments:

Helenchaffin said...

well I can't put my finger on it eitheršŸ¤£ it looks great !

Cats and Calico said...

I love this one. Very colorful and pretty. Love your quilts.

Nann said...

When viewed at a distance it looks as though there's a strap or something that weaves in and out to connect all the blocks. If you hadn't pointed out the errant square I would not have seen it.

Robin said...

I had to study the picture for a while before I figured out what you were talking about. It's a subtle mistake. I love this quilt top. It just so cheerful and fun.

Jenny said...

One down and four more tops to go with this size of blocks, well done you!

Chantal said...

Gosh! You make tops faster than I can bake cookies, lol. If you decide to fix the blooper, you just have to flip the string of 3 blocks. The far left piece will be in the middle and the others are in the right order. Anywho, just talking out loud here. It is still a cheerful quilt. Enjoy! ;^)

Linda Swanekamp said...

Wonderful play of colors. A very positive quilt.

Linda said...

Your Monkey Wrench quilt is just a riot of colour! So you’re expecting to make 4 quilts from your 7.5” size blocks. I wonder how many more quilts you will be able to make from the other two sizes? You must have a lot of fun delving through the piles of finished blocks to see which ones you want to include in each top.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Your quilts are always so much fun to look at...whoever receives it will cherish it!

Sara said...

The scrappy background really makes the Monkey Wrench quilt have such depth. I do love a scrappy quilt.

maggie fellow said...

wonderful classic block

Deb A said...

Beautiful job.... and I don't see a mistake. =)

gayle said...

It took me a bit, but I finally spotted the wayward block. (You know what shenanigans monkeys get up to when you're not watching them closely! Monkey Business, indeed!)

Susie H said...

Great quilt! The "error" only adds interest in my opinion.

Jan said...

Its looks great! I love the scrappy classic blocks, can't see any 'error's, just creative choices.