Wednesday, January 18, 2023

On The Rail Fence

Rail Fence
40 x 60
It's a top!

My theme this month in my sewing room is  KIDS! KIDS! KIDS!  so I've been working on moving a lot of old UFOs forward that fit that theme.  I'm hoping a different theme each month will provide me with some focus to move a lot of things along this year. 




In September of last year I reached my goal of 96 blocks and put them aside into my Some Assembly Required (SAR) box to assemble at a later date. Later date has arrived. 

I just sewed the blocks together randomly. I was kind of surprised that the majority of them were in red and purple. Normally blues and greens are in the majority. I just go where the scraps take me and enjoy the journey. 

And now there's another one ready for the quilting pile. 

KIDS! KIDS! KIDS! 

And sew on...

 

10 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What a super happy bright quilt!! I love it!!!!
and super great idea to have themes!!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Beautifully happy and bright quilt. Looks terrific and cheery.

Gretchen Weaver said...

Cute happy quilt, the child will love it! Happy stitching!

Linda said...

What a lovely bright eye-catching quilt. Lovely finish, Cathy.

MissPat said...

What a vibrant quilt these scrappy, bright rail fence blocks made.
Pat

Ann said...

Yes, a happy kids' quilt. These remind me that we don't always need big blocks for our scraps. Kudos to you.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Given that it is very dark and rainy here - your quilt top is a most welcome blast of color. What a GREAT kids quilt top.

Astrid said...

Bright and cheerful quilt. Love it!

Beth H said...

So exuberant! The colors, the behavior of the top, me at the sight of this happy top!
No snow when the picture was taken...I assume you have snow now.

Quilter Kathy said...

So pretty! I love your line "I go where the scraps take me"!
Me too! And sometimes they get me spinning in circles!