Sunday, January 29, 2023

Two More Finishes


Two Quilts For Little Ones
40 x 40

I'm glad I took the pictures a few days ago. Since then we've had a little more snow and more frigid temperatures and wind. 




The first one is pinks and grays. I made this top and another larger one (not yet quilted) last year when pink was the Rainbow Scrap Challenge (RSC) color of the month.  


It's a simple quilt made of alternating 4.5 inch pink and gray squares. 

I quilted it on my DSM on the diagonals with light gray thread. 

The binding is pink gingham.

Pink elephants, some polka dotted,  are on back. 

This is a BTF (back then front) quilt meaning I started with the back and made a front to go with it. 

Hello Kitty! 

I made this top last year around the same time I made the pink and gray one. I guess I had squares on my mind. This one started with a piece of Hello Kitty fabric someone gave me.   

I just happened to have a few fabrics like footprints and polka dots to add to the mix in red, black and white. I set the squares in a diagonal red, black, white layout. I also quilted this one on the diagonals in white thread. 


The binding is red gingham. 

The same person gave me a different Hello Kitty piece of fabric in a different colorway with a lot more pink in it. There was not enough of it for a backing so I had to piece the backing. 


Actually both quilts are reversible! Which is the front and which is the back?

And sew on...


 

8 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

These are very cute children's quilt! Happy stitching!

Astrid said...

Adorable kids quilts. Love the cute elephant backing, and kitty too.

Julie in GA said...

Very cute! You are really working through finishing lots of kid's quilts.

Helenchaffin said...

Adorable quilts,just right for snuggling up with !

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Simply adorable! It is fun when a back becomes the inspiration for the front! That doesn't happen often!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Such squishy fun kid quilts to cuddle with! You are amazing!

Kathleen said...

oh so very cute - i LOVE hello kitty !!!

Linda said...

These quilts are great examples that show you don’t have to be complicated to achieve eye catching jolly quilts. Love them both!