Friday, June 24, 2022

It's A Flimsy! Buckeye Beauty


Buckeye Beauty
60 x 78
It's a flimsy!

A few years ago I started making several different blocks that used 3.5 and 2 inch pieces. I cut those width pieces from a scrap "chunk" in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge (RSC) color of the month and then used those scraps in several different quilt blocks. Buckeye Beauty is one of those blocks. 

For these blocks I combined scraps in the RSC color with shirts from the thrift store or black multicolor scraps or red multicolor scraps.   The blocks finish at six inches. 

And sew on...



 

19 comments:

Carolyn said...

It's gorgeous! I love how the colors have come together!

Julie in GA said...

You have such a great eye for combining colors! I love the diagonal lines formed by your blocks.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Wow, this is the kind of quilt one could look at forever, appreciating all the different fabrics and prints!!!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love this so big and scrappy and bright

grammajudyb said...

I love looking at it too! So many interesting and beautiful fabrics! It’s just awesome, Cathy!

gayle said...

Beauty indeed!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Oh, gosh - this is gorgeous!!!

Debra said...

A true scrap quilt. what's not to Love. all the colors look like stained glass.

Linda said...

Sew colourful! Great flimsy, Cathy, so much to look at.

Anonymous said...

I love this quilt - so bright and colorful. You did a wonderful job of combining colors/fabrics. Thanks for sharing.

Linda Swanekamp said...

It is a very solid and satisfying scrap quilt. Great finish!

Anonymous said...

JCH.

Very pretty! Love the colors.

Elle said...

It is fabulous Cathy!!!! :-)

Laura said...

Love this! :)

Mystic Quilter said...

This is the perfect quilt to share at Wendy's Peacock Party - so beautifully bright and bold!

mangozz said...

This is one of my favorite blocks, both to make and to look at. These are 6" blocks? I've never seen that setting before on the diagonal for this block. Great finish!

maggie fellow said...

it's a beauty

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

This is SO cool!! from the little thumbnail pic on the linkup page I did NOT imagine this is what the quilt would look like!! I love it!!!

Grams Jean said...

WOW, that is sew colorful! Love it!