Monday, June 13, 2022

I Haven't Forgotten

 



Back in May I challenged myself to use two of my least favorite colors - orange and lime green -- to make a quilt I like. I chose to make an 8 inch Anvil block. I'm not sure about the layout yet but I do know I'm probably going to alternate lime and orange centers. 

I keep pieces for a few blocks cut and ready for whenever I feel like working on them. Slowly but surely the blocks are piling up. Unless I decide to put them on point I am aiming for 80 blocks. I haven't figured out how many I would need for the on point setting. 

Right now I think I have 24 blocks. 

9 comments:

diane said...

Awesome! Love orange, but never tried it with lime. Think you have something here.
Will be waiting to see it finished.

Linda said...

Love your choice of block and the colours too. I used to dislike orange - so did my oldest sister as we both felt nauseous looking at it. Somewhere over the years I began to like orange and particularly in quilts. I’m looking forward to seeing whether you decide to arrange the blocks on point or not!

Anonymous said...

Pretty sure I prefer straight set for these. One stitch at a time … (Quiltdivajulie)

Julierose said...

I like your pairings with the {unloved} oranges and limes--Strangely enough Orange was my Mom's favorite and is my eldest Grandson's fave. I have come to appreciate oranges--especially with blues..
Nice work...quite the challenge;)))
Hugs, Julierose

Sharon Kwilter said...

Those colors look good together, though I'm surprised you have so many options for colors you dislike.

gayle said...

You know you had me at orange - even mixed with lime (which I'm not a fan of either)
And I'm adding another block to my to do list. The list is now so long that it can be seen from space...

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I LOVE these!!!
for some reason they remind me of summer and watermelon and picnics!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Fun, fun!! When asked what my favorite colors are, I typically reply with orange and lime green. Has it been terrible working with these colors, Cathy?

audrey said...

Ooh, these colors are so sparky! Love them!