Saturday, June 25, 2022

Blue Scraps Part IV

X and Plus 
7.5 inch finished
Made with 3.5 and 2 inch scrap pieces

I've been making these for a couple of years and I think I only have 20 or so more blocks to go toward my goal. I think those remaining blocks will be browns.   

In previous years I made 6 inch (finished) Four Patches with 3.5 inch squares and neutrals. This year I'm making an alternate six inch (finished) block of QSTs made with 2 inch scraps. I cut those pieces with an Easy Angle Companion ruler.   When I use that ruler the beginning and end of the strip I cut off an HST with the Easy Angler ruler. With those HSTs I've been making little 3 inch (finished) Broken Dishes blocks. 

Indian Hatchet blocks
4 inch finished

I was inspired by a vintage quilt.

Bow Ties
3 inch finished
Made from 2 inch scraps

If there was not enough left of a 2 inch width scrap to make Bow Ties then I cut a 2 inch square if possible. And if less than a square then I sewed those pieces together for a future Chinese Coin strip. 

While I was making the blue Bow Ties I made some others I had cut out and waiting to be made. I cut them out as I was processing scraps. 

The same thing happened when I was processing those scraps - 2 inch squares and a Coins strip. 


 

10 comments:

maggie fellow said...

everything looks nice and I enjoy watching your system

Linda said...

You have such lovely scraps. Love all the blocks but the + and x are probably my favourites.

gayle said...

Those little bowties are adorable!

Gretchen Weaver said...

When I read your posts, I'm always inspired by all the scrappy beauty, happy stitching!

Julierose said...

Such lovely scrappiness in these blocks--you have a great array of blues to work with!!
I especially like that X+--I keep saying i will try one...
hugs, Julierose

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

The Easy Angle and Companion Angle rulers are never far from my cutting table. I would much rather cut triangles than draw lines on fabric any day! I'm looking forward to seeing the quilts you make from all these amazing blocks.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

I love all the different blocks you're making for RSC! Those X Plus blocks make my heart stop!?! And yes, I'm a fan of the Easy Angle, too!

Ivani said...

A bunch of pretty blocks for this week such a happy scrappiness. They are lovely. Have a great week.

Grams Jean said...

What a lovely array of colors in fabric! You have been busy!

Deb said...

Such a lot of pretty blocks and 3 in broken dishes blocks! So tiny! I love those blocks tho. Stay safe and sew on !