I recently dug out one of my oldest UFOs to work on - Four Patch Posies. The UFO must be pre-2009 because I can't find any mention of it on my blog.
In a large manila envelope I found 30 blocks made from a green, gray, purple floral. I also found 18 blocks in that floral with the pink background plus a stack of more of that floral all pinned together ready for cutting. Also in the envelope were pieces of several other fabrics I guess I was going to use to make some posies. I managed to make 29 more blocks with that pink background.
I had enough of one of the fabrics for four repeats so made 42 more blocks. These are made of 3 inch pieces for a 5 inch finished block.
I ended up with a total of 119 posies from three different fabrics. I'm hoping I counted incorrectly and there is actually one more hidden in those piles for a total of 120 blocks. Then I can have a layout of 10 x 12 (50 x 60 inches) which is a respectable size. There were four repeats of a floral with a black background in that manila envelope but I'm not going to cut that up. Maybe I'll just use it on the back. Now I have to decide how to put these together. I usually sew blocks together randomly but I'm thinking this one might take some planning. I'm even thinking a very thin dark green sashing might be nice. Anyway...I moved this oldie forward and had some fun doing it.
And then I was in Whacky mode and felt like slicing up more fabric.
These blocks finish at 14 inches. The free tutorial for Twirla can be found at Butterfly Threads. (I'll call mine Twirl and Whirl or something like that instead of Twirla because Twirla also happens to be the name of a contraceptive patch).
I was first thinking I would make it with some scrap chunks of gray, purple and yellow but found I didn't really have many yellows so also added in some aqua.
In no time at all I had eight blocks. And then I was bored with that but still felt like whacking away at more fabric so...
...I broke open a package of I Spy Bugs/ Critters that someone gifted me last year. I don't buy precuts myself but I think this is a layer cake? Package had several 10 inch pieces.
And I have a few bugs myself.
I made some stack and shuffle nine patches that finish at about 8 inches or so.
I used the method similar to what I had bookmarked at Zippity Quilts only I used larger sized squares. And then...
...I remembered another package of floral 11.5 inch squares I was gifted a couple of years ago.
And I found some stash I could add to the mix because I decided I would like to make a twin sized donation quilt.
These I am stacking and slicing on the diagonals...
...and they are being made into Hourglass blocks that finish at around 10 inches or so.
Well, I can't seem to work on one thing at a time but I'm not putting any of these away as a UFO until I get them to flimsy stage so I expect to have four flimsies to show soon if I work on them all a little each day.