Thursday, August 8, 2019

It's a Finish! Happy Cats

 Happy Cats
40 x 60

Ready for giving or gifting! 
 This is one of several tops I made last year when I had an attack of cat scrap fever.  Most cat scraps were used up; however, I still have lots of cat themed fabrics. This one consists of 10 inch Happy Blocks - 6.5 inch centers and 2.5 inch sides.  The sides are cut from scrap chunks or yardage. And now you know how I accumulate a lot of 2.5 inch scraps -- I've made lots of Happy Blocks over the years. 
 This one was quilted with spirals on my DSM. 

The backing is flannel with some happy cats. I've had this on hand since the grandkids were younger.  I don't normally wash fabrics before I use them; however, I do wash flannels since they seem to shrink a lot more than other fabrics.  I prefer to sew bindings down by hand but sew it down by machine now on most donation quilts. 

for

9 comments:

Julierose said...

this is a Purr-fect quilt --some lucky person will love it with all those cute kitty fabrics...hugs, Julierose

Quilter Kathy said...

A very happy quilt with an equally happy backing :)
I enjoy quilting spirals too!
Great finish!

mangozz said...

Another cute quilt! I counted 40 quilts SO FAR this year! I know that you donate a lot of them but I'm wondering where or how you store all the rest.

Louise said...

So fun! Great flannel backing. I'm sure it's very soft and cuddly :)

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Looks perrrfect! I am currently cutting pieces to make a Marvel Comic Happy Block quilt for my great grandson. I'm really liking this process so far.
xx, Carol

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Happy and colorful. Perfect for giving!

Emily said...

Purrrrfect! So cute!

Sandy Panagos said...

What a fun quilt. The backing is adorable.

Lynne said...

Congrats on the finish! Some lucky cat-loving person is just going to love cozying up with that quilt. On behalf of the entire FAL crew, thanks for participating.