It's a finish!
And it's blowing in the wind, sunshine and shadows so I didn't get a good pic. And so it goes.
42 x 60
Ready for giving or gifting.
I'm not certain yet but it will probably go to Wrap-A-Smile. I'm waiting to finish a batch of tops I made last year and then will divide them up to go to various charities and to give as gifts.
These pieces were left over from making a scrappy strip pieced kaleidoscope quilt back in 2015. If there was enough of the stripped piece left I cut it into 6.5 inch squares to use for this little quilt.
As you can see this quilt is full of smiles and kisses...
...and love. And there's a few other surprises too.
I added some 1.5 inch stripped pieces to top, bottom and sides to add to the length and width. (Actually I think I wanted to get rid of that lime green little piece).
I had some 3.5 inch HSTs in the Parts Department (left over from making other quilts) so made those into Broken Dishes blocks and added a row of those to the top and bottom to get it to the 60 inch length I wanted.
Batting was pieced.
Binding was the last of that lime green piece I wanted to get rid of (success!) and was sewn down by machine as requested by a lot of charities.
I quilted it with vertical and horizontal serpentine stitches in purple. I thought the quilting kind of matched the backing fabric wiggly lines.
Joining the Peacock Party at Wendy's Quilts and More.