Sunday, February 10, 2019

Moon Garden

This is my Moon Garden Medallion Quilt center. 

There's a Medallion Quilt Along going on at Em's Scrapbag.  We start with a 24 inch center of our choice and Emily will release tutorials for borders over the next few months until we end up with a lap sized quilt.   

I decided I would use my black and white and black/white scraps to make a Moon Garden. I have a few glow in the dark threads in my stash that I will use for quilting when the time comes. 

I plant an actual Moon Garden almost every year with Moonflower, Nicotiana, Four-O-Clocks and Datura.  (And that reminds me that I haven't ordered seeds yet). 

Now my center is ready for the next round. 

11 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Looks like you are off to a good start. Now, go order those seed packets!!

Sharon said...

Great Moon flowers! That will be a beautiful medallion quilt. I love a Moon garden!

Georgia said...

I can't wait to see what you do with this medallion. It's going to be beautiful.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

These blocks look great. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

gayle said...

Oh, this is going to be fun to watch! (I'm still thinking about joining, but can't decide on a medallion center. What, me dither?)

Linda said...

Your Moon Garden is absolutely beautiful and will make a sensational quilt.
I haven't heard of a Moon Garden but can guess what it is. It sounds lovely, off to look up the names of those flowers now.
When your new Moon Garden is growing please post some photos on your blog. Thank you in anticipation! I know it won't be for months!

Kathy S. said...

Love your center idea. I have blocks like that left over from The Block Lotto from a few years back. I'm watching for now, but you just gave me an idea that could put me in the quilt along quickly. We'll see what this month brings with other quilting priorities. Thanks for the inspiration.

Ellen said...

I love these blocks - I made a quilt for one of my sisters with them in a different colour scheme and the quilt turned out beautiful!

Jeanne said...

Wow, this is a neat idea! I might need to jump in on this sewalong also -- wasn't going to start MORE new projects but yours has inspired me. Meanwhile, I'm going to think about planting morning glory seeds … a foot of new snow here last night. Sigh.

Emily said...

I love this! I look forward to watching this project!

Louise said...

Oh, a Medallion QAL is tempting! But there's too much uncertainty in my schedule right now to add in a QAL, alas. I love this block as the center. Very striking and dramatic, as something lunar should be. I'm a bit behind on reading blogs and leaving comments, but I've been enjoying all your finishes :)