Friday, February 22, 2019

Chocolate Swirls

 I've slowly been adding the outside ring with points to my Chocolate Swirls.  Next step will be to applique them to a background. As usual, because I rarely pull all my fabrics at the start of a project,  I'm not quite sure at this point what the background will be but I'm looking through my stash. I don't think I have enough of any one fabric. Each block requires a 20 inch square so I may mix it up a bit.  The quilt will have three columns of four blocks and two columns of a red and brown stripe in between.  Most of the blocks will probably get this Dark Chocolate fabric background. 
 I was going to try to keep most of the points brown and the rest of the outer ring white or cream but I may mix that up a bit too. 
 Maybe a background or two will be red. Or not.  
And maybe a few of the blocks won't follow the brown points and white/cream outer ring theme. 

Eight more rings to go! It takes me longer to cut the pieces than to sew them together. 

15 comments:

SandyPA said...

What a cool pattern! This is perfect for your collection of chocolates and candy. I can't wait to see the finished flimsy! Sandy at sewhigh.blogspot.com

Ellen said...

Yummy!!!

Quilting Babcia said...

Yummy chocolate and raspberry makes a great combination of backgrounds! Love these blocks.

Michele said...

I have some of that candy material too. Waiting for the "perfect" pattern to showcase it. Your swirly circles just might be the one for me too. Looking at your pictures make my mouth water! Such fun.

Janie said...

Beautiful piecing! Your plan to mix it up with light and some dark outer rings is a good one and the columns of
chocolate swirls will look fab.
Progress!

Linda said...

Delicious! Those blocks look good enough to eat! So much piecing - I don't know how you do it.

Sue SA said...

Looks fantastic, I assume they are all pieced, or are you paper piecing?

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

These are such beautiful blocks - love how they look together! I'm craving chocolate now for some reason!

audrey said...

These are fantastic! Some of my favorite blocks though I'm not good at sewing them myself!

gayle said...

Oh, these blocks are fabulous! (And why am I suddenly so hungry...?)

---"Love" said...

That quilt will be deliciously beautiful! ---"Love"

Karrin Hurd said...

What beautiful blocks!

mangozz said...

They all look delicious! I wish I could get a hold of some of those chocolates ~ especially since they have no calories!

Angie said...

What a calorie-free treat to see all your chocolate fabrics! I've made one "chocolate" quilt, but it's definitely a great fabric inspiration for more!

Wendy @ Wendysquiltsandmore said...

They look so yummy! Thank you for linking up with the Peacock Party.