It's a Finish!
40 x 60
A donation quilt made from orphan blocks, scrap pieces and parts.
Old Log Cabin orphans
I made them in order to participate in a swap but found out my 1/4 inch seam must not have been very accurate at that time because they didn't measure up. So I didn't participate in the swap and threw the blocks in the orphan box.
String Block orphans left over from the late 80s when I made a few of those Quilts in a Day quilts for the older kids.
HSTs in blue from the Parts Department.
I only found a few Flying Geese in blue in the Parts Department so had to make most of them for this quilt. I used blue scraps found in the 4.5 inch scrap bin.
I pieced the batting, pieced together a couple of leftover backing pieces from other quilts for the back and had enough blues and grays in the leftover binding box to use for the binding.
I quilted it with vertical serpentine stitches with light gray thread on top and neutral thread in the bobbin so I could use up the ends of a few spools of machine quilting thread.
for Q2 Finish-Along