Saturday, June 23, 2018

Crumbs and Chunks

 This week I used my aqua/teal/turquoise crumbs to make centers for some stars.  I use larger scraps for points. I've been making backgrounds in complementary colors using scraps from the chunk crate if there are any otherwise I have to dig into stash.  (Looks like I mixed up a couple of background pieces). 
 I made a few Itty Bitty Nitty Gritty Crumb Fish.  
One Slab with heart center. 

 A bunch of miscellaneous sized blocks...
 ...and a few more. 
 Ten inch "Mendota Blocks".  
I've been using RSC color for the centers and if center is primary color borders are in primary colors and centers in secondary colors get borders in secondary colors. 
 A few more Mendotas...
...and even more. 

At the end of the year all of these blocks will be worked into donation quilts.  That should be fun! 

15 comments:

Linda said...

What an amazing number of blocks you have made. Just wondering how many donation quilts you will make by end end of the year!e

Linda said...

47 blocks, I've just counted 😃

scraphappy said...

Love the fish best of all. Not that the rest aren't great of course. But who doesn't love fish?

maggie fellow said...

fun rainbow scraps:)

Quiltdivajulie said...

Love the backgrounds on that first set -AND that some pieces are mixed up. Just right!!!!!!!

Cathy said...

I love those mixed-up borders on your crumb star blocks too!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

These are such great blocks! I like how you use your smallest bits in the centers of different shapes, or to surround the hearts. They will be perfect for donation quilts, too!

Edith said...

Wow, so many teal/turquoise projects, love the little fish.

grammajudyb said...

Oh, such scrappy crumby goodness!!!!

Crystal_235 said...

Love the fish blocks!!

PaulaB quilts said...

You have so many fun fabrics in all the blocks. Those fishies are just huggable.

Sally Trude said...

Coral and teal...a new favorite. Such a nice blast of happiness.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

You must have a giant tub of finished blocks. I am a bit jealous :) They will be so much fun to play with.

Louise said...

Your Mendotas are starting to add up! I keep thinking I should make some for the retreat, but then I want to put them together into a quilt immediately. I hope that's not considered bad Sunshine manners :)

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Mixing up the background pieces really adds to the character of the quilt. Love the fishies!