Saturday, September 12, 2026

Sweet Violets and The Big Potato Chip

It's a top!
Sweet Violets
43 x 52

Purple is the Rainbow Scrap Challenge (RSC) color of the month. 

A few months ago I sorted by color most of the charms/5 inch squares received from others over the years. I've been trying to use them to make small comfort quilts. 

I cut the border pieces from yardage and I cut the floral squares from a pile of small scrap chunks.  I used most of the violet charms/squares except for a few "wild" ones that will go into a quilt with other "wild" ones. 

I also added a round of 2 x 3 purple rectangles to my Big Potato Chip. I think it now measures 30 inches square. 

And sew on...


 

5 comments:

Elle said...

Purple is fabulous! Loving the rainbow potato chip top grow!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Love the wild print in the purple quilt and your PC quilt is getting more and more interesting as you add the colorful rounds.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Great use of those scraps, Cathy!

Astrid said...

Pretty purple quilt. Love your BPC, Cathy! It's such a fun quilt.

Julierose said...

Love this quilt;))))--I haven't been getting your posts in my feed, Cathy--blogger strikes again s i g h!! Hugs, Julierose