Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Back To Some Scrap Piecing: Uneven Shoofly



Uneven Shoofly Blocks
10 inch finished
Made with older florals and shirtings/plaids
(Blocks that remind me of ones my grandmother used to make from old clothes)

This is an old Rainbow Scrap Challenge (RSC) project. I've had the pieces for most of these blocks cut out for awhile have never gotten around to sewing pieces together until yesterday.  My goal is 48 blocks and I think I am more than halfway there so I'm hoping to complete this block set in October. I'm trying to finish up a lot of old RSC block sets before year end. 

And sew on...

***
After a beautiful couple of days where I could get out and do a little gardening, we have rain again in the forecast for a couple of days. I'm glad it is not heavy rain. My husband has doctor appt. in Iowa City an hour drive away. 






 

5 comments:

Nann said...

10" blocks will use up bigger scraps. What a lively assortment!

Elle said...

Great blocks/scrap consumption! So glad your body let you work in the garden. Dirt is my 2nd therapy :-)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

shoo fly block is always a good one - the churn dash too for scraps

greaterexp said...

You are so busy! I can't believe how productive you are. Yes, your blocks do remind me of those wonderful old quilts which were made from clothing or whatever was on hand. So sweet!

Chantal said...

These are happy Shoo. Love the colour-combo of the two first photos the most. Enjoy! ;^)