Sunday, October 6, 2024

Two Finishes

Two Finishes!
Orphan Block Quilts Quincy and Poindexter

Orphan Quincy
40 x 52

Sawtooth Stars
Orphan Block Centers
Green Backgrounds

Quilted with swirls on my DSM (Brother PQ1500SL)

Green background and binding.

Orphan Poindexter
40 x 48

Mostly purple orphan blocks framed to make 12 inch blocks. All of the orphan blocks were given to me by different folks. 

This one was also quilted on my DSM with swirls. 

The backing and binding are a mottled purple.

And now they are ready for donation!

And sew on...

CELEBRATE! (my word of the year)

Oct. 5 - Hubby surprised me with an order of over 200 bulbs! They have not arrived yet but he forwarded me a confirmation of order email.  Soon I'll be getting quite a variety of Crocus as well as Hyacinths, Dutch Iris, Alliums,Tulips and Asiatic Lilies.  I think he looked at some dog eared pages in one of my catalogs! I dream a lot but usually never end up ordering anything but seeds. I already know where I'm going to put everything! 



 

No comments: