Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Does A Fox Really Smell It's Own Hole First?

It's a top!
Fox Holes
40 x 60



Actually, it is Foxes in Holes in the Barn Doors. 
I had a few different fox fabrics so used them as centers for Hole in the Barn Door blocks. There are many variations on blocks by that name. I used the one found at Quilter's Cache. 

Someone gave me that red fabric with black swirls on it and I immediately thought it looked like barn siding so that's what I used for the "barns".   I have lots of small green chunks of fabric so those became the block backgrounds. I then added a two inch (finished) sashing between columns to bring it up to the size requested for kid's quilts. 

And so now I think I will be making a series of different Hole in the Barn Door quilts in order to use some large print animals. 

And sew on...

CELEBRATE! (my word of the year)

Oct 12 - Finished a book! - Lilac Ink by Jean Grainger.  Jean Grainger is an Irish author who has written several different series of Irish historical fiction books. I've read several but not all of the series. (I had to look up the plural of series. It is series.) Lilac Ink is the first book in a new series and I'm ready for the second book. I like reading books that take place in Ireland since my paternal ancestors were all Irish.

Oct 13 - I made a big pot of vegetable soup. It was delicious - full of homegrown vegetables - tomatoes, potatoes, onions, peas, green beans, lima beans, carrots, cabbage...

Oct. 14 - BOGO perennials! I picked up 22 perennials deeply discounted. I knew there was going to be frost Tues. and Wed. so waited until today (10/16) to plant them. I think (hope) they will be able to get their roots established before we have several hard freezes in a row. A few plants went into the native wildflower garden. A few went into a shady area. A few went into the cottage garden. 

Oct. 15 - Some roses are still in bloom! Since I've found Bobbex and used it as directed the deer seem to stay away! 

















1 comment:

Nann said...

Well, that's an attention-getting title to your post! The roses are lovely.