Saturday, October 5, 2024

Stars and Windmills

Brown is the Rainbow Scrap Challenge (RSC) color of the month. I have several blocks in the works that are only made of brown scraps.  These 8 inch Stars are one of the blocks. 

I made a lot of quarter sections of the Stars this week from 2.5 inch width scraps of browns and creams. 

After I empty my bag of brown and cream scraps set aside for these blocks as I've sorted scraps, I will assemble the Stars. 

I assembled a few Stars in the past. After I finish up these Stars from my bag of scraps I will see how many Stars I have and then decide on a quilt size. 

Another RSC project - 4 inch Windmills
With some more colorful 2.5 inch width scraps I made a few Windmills to add to the collection. 

I think I've been making these for over a year as scraps happen. Maybe now is the time to count these up and decide upon a quilt size. Then I'll know how many more are needed. I usually like to make a BIG quilt with the little blocks.   

And sew on...

CELEBRATE! (my word of the year)

Oct. 4 --Hubby's G-tube fell out again. The water balloon that holds it in place was no longer holding water. I had to put in a new one. I'm really not nurse material. I'm not a blood and guts or vomit kind of person. I don't like looking at holes in people that other people don't have. But I was able to stay level--headed and not panic and put in a new G-tube to replace the old. "For better or worse", you know... (maybe 51 years ago if they told me what "worse" would involve I might have thought twice!!)


 

2 comments:

Elle said...

great blocks and great hubby care. Thank goodness you had the right healthcare folks teach you to insert a G-tube and keep one onhand!!!!

Happy Saturday :-)

Chantal said...

Lots of brown stars. Looking forward to seeing this one complete. I love brown quilts. Your hubby is so lucky to have you. He sure picked the right one. I'm sure your halo never shone brighter than when you replaced his G-tube. Bless you. ;^)