Friday, October 25, 2024

A Finish! Peacock Feathers


It's a finish!
Peacock Feathers
60 x 80


The tumblers were cut from 4.5 inch width strips with the EZ Dresden ruler. The scraps were left over from making a Peacock Fan quilt (in the quilting queue since 2017). 

Back in 2017 peacock fabrics must have been the rage because I remember there sure were a lot of different ones in the stores. I think I must have bought a 1/4 to 1/2 yard of dozens of them. 

I quilted it on my DSM (Brother PQ1500SL) with squiggles and loops in a variegated thread. 

The binding is scrappy - different purples from the leftover binding box. The backing is half peacock feathers and half dotty. 


And sew on...


***
CELEBRATE! (my word of the year)

October 18 - I treated myself to some new fabrics. It's been quite awhile since I've bought any fabric. I received an email from Marshall Dry Goods that they had a new line of "vintage florals" for $5.99 per yard. I had to look. Then I had to buy some - a yard of about a dozen different florals. Most featured roses. I do love roses! 

October 19 - Shipped 6 quilts to the coordinator for Quilts Beyond Borders and Wrap-A- Smile. She will get them to the programs where they are needed most.  And speaking of shipping....I ship packages using the free Pirate Ship software. I have found it easy to use, compare costs and print labels. Then all I have to do is drop off packages at a UPS drop off location. 

October 20 - Finished a book! - This Savage World by Anna Housego.  Historical fiction. A woman in England is sentenced for theft to transportation in 1790 to Australia leaving behind a young daughter. 

October 21 - Received a box of scraps from Donna! 

October 22 - I bought new work boots.  The bottoms had started to come off my boots so I duct taped around the top of my shoes hoping to get through the rest of the gardening season that way. BUT while digging with a shovel the duct tape broke, snagged on the shovel and sent me tumbling. I went on line and ordered new boots that same day. 

October 23 - Finished a book! - The Innocent by David Baldacci. Mystery thriller. #1 in the Will Robie, government assassin, series. It was definitely a mystery thriller. 

October 24 - Finished clearing an area of invasive honeysuckle for a new goth/moon garden. More on that later. 

October 25 - Rain!  We haven't had much lately and are in a severe drought area.  This is the first time in over 30 years that my little man   woman made pond has run dry. It had several inches of mud in the bottom so I dug all that out and put in my veg garden.  



 

3 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Wow, what a great quilt, Cathy! Pretty colors and all those fun prints - I bet it is fascinating to look at up close. I haven't read that David Baldacci series, but mystery thrillers are right up my alley. Thanks for the recommendation!

Violet Withey said...

The Will Robbie series is really good. I like all of David's books. I still have some peacock fabrics. The goth / moon garden sound intriguing. Can't wait to hear more about it.

Preeti said...

I knew it was a Dresden Quilt the moment I saw it. So much fun to use that ruler to make a modern quilt. We have to make a Dresden Quilt for November's Challenge and Blog Hop.