Saturday, June 1, 2024

The Blues - Chapter I

Little Baskets
4 inch
All baskets have cream/tan/taupe backgrounds and brown baskets.  When all is said and done these will be set on point and the blocks will alternate with squares of a basket print. 

Blue is the Rainbow Scrap Challenge (RSC) color for June.  This week I worked with all the 1.5 inch width pieces I found. 

Boo Boo Patches
3 x 6 inches

So named because originally I meant to cut 1.5 x 2.5 pieces.

Windmills
4 inch
Switch Plate
3 x 5


And sew on...



****
CELEBRATE! (My word of the year)

May 28 - Finished a book - The Big Dark Sky by Dean Koontz. Good vs. evil, synchronicity, quantum physics, AI and the power of positive thinking and hope. 

May 29 - Found my second four leaf clover this year. Poor thing was in some weeds and it looks like an insect or two took a few bites. 








May 30 and May 31 - I noticed the roses have started blooming and I had not even properly pruned, weeded and fertilized them yet so I spent several hours for  two days amongst the roses. It's always nice to stop and smell the roses too.  I also said a few prayers and did quite a bit of positive thinking. We are once again waiting to hear if my husband John has cancer. 



15 comments:

Sara said...

Sending positive thoughts your way - but for NO cancer. My husband had a skin lesion removed a couple weeks ago, and the wait to hear test results back seemed endless. He had a benign report thankfully.

You have a terrific start on blue for this month. So many tiny blocks!!

grammajudyb said...

Good thoughts coming your way. The waiting is the worst. You’ve found lots of blues to work with this month. I really like your windmill blocks!

Nann said...

Courage and strength to you both, Cathy......you got quite a head start on RSC blues!

Julierose said...

Lovely little baskets, boo-boos and windmills in RSC blues, Cathy.
Have a restful weekend....hugs, Julierose

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Sending good thoughts your way, Cathy. Glad you could get some rose and fabric therapy this week. Those little baskets are just adorable!

Cathy said...

Great blocks and lovely roses! Those little windmills and switch plates always catch my eye and make my stitching fingers itchy! LOL

Julie in GA said...

Hoping you get some good news! You have already made an impressive start on blue blocks for June. I love the little basket blocks.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blues, especially the baskets. I'm joining others in hoping for good news and serenity about your husband's health.

Ceci

Jenny said...

You've made a great start on your blues.

Laura said...

As someone else said...courage and strength! May God bless you both through this difficult time! Hugs!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

So many adorable blocks in the works. The Switch plate is too cute!!!

Pamela Arbour said...

I am always impressed with your patience with those itsy bitsy pieces! I am praying that your husband has a good report. Sometimes waiting seems to makes the days longer.

Beth H said...

Oh Cathy! You need a hug or 15!
I am hugging you from afar!!

Astrid said...

All pretty blue blocks, love the basket blocks. Sending positive thoughts and (((hugs))) to you both. Fingers crossed there's no cancer!

gayle said...

Hoping for the best. Smell those roses every chance you get.