Monday, June 17, 2024

Irish Chain Top

It's a top!
Irish Chain
42 x 60

In a box of goodies someone sent me a long row of 6.5 inch Nine Patches and Squares sewn together as well as some Nine Patches. I took off some blocks on the end of the row in order to make it a kiddo sized quilt.  With six inch blocks I was aiming for a 42 x 60 quilt. Then I picked out all of the Nine Patches with dark corners and made a few more of my own. Then I cut 6.5 inch squares. 

Everything got sewn together into an Irish Chain layout. 

And now I just need to find a backing and get it quilted. 

And sew on...

****
CELEBRATE! (My word of the year)

June 16 - Finished the book Five Chimneys: A Woman Survivor's True Story of Auschwitz by Olga Lenyel. It was originally published in 1946. The title says it all.   And now that my last two books have been about WWII I need to read something a little lighter. 

 

3 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Great quilt!

Linda said...

You have made a very effective design fro those gifted blocks. A lot to look at.in this flimsy.

Nann said...

Simple does not mean boring!