Saturday, August 20, 2022

More Orange Scraps



This week I combined the Rainbow Scrap Challenge color of the month (orange) with solids to make my blocks. 

A quilt called Dalarna can be found in an issue of Quiltmania (Issue 68, 2008, #4) and was made by Mariet Soethout-Mous.  Her quilt was inspired by a child's quilt found in Asa Wettre's book Old Swedish Quilts. Now I've been inspired by Mariet's Dalarna to make my own version of an Old Swedish Quilt. 

I'm calling these Dalarna blocks. They finish at six inches. 


Overlapped Nine Patch
7.5 inch blocks
Instructions may be found at Klein Meisje Quilts



Zip
6 x 9

Again, block instructions can be found at Klein Meisje Quilts

and sew on...


 

11 comments:

Julierose said...

Love your zipper combos--they look like Summertime!! So pretty.
I've never seen Dalarna before--unusual angles in that one...nice colors
hugs, julierose

Linda said...

Like your colour combinations. The Zip blocks call to me!

Ivani said...

Great selection of non tratidional blocks. I can see beautiful scrap quilts beeing made.

scraphappy said...

So many pretty blocks this week. Still loving the overlapped nine patches.

Sara said...

These are all such nifty scrap busting blocks! Love the overlapping 9-patch in particular.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Your scrappy work always makes me sew happy! Wonderful line up today!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Fun blocks and fabrics! I love the television set print. I'll enjoy seeing what you do with the Dalama blocks - it looks like they will have lots of layout possibilities!

The Joyful Quilter said...

SEW many interesting ORANGE bits, Cathy!

Chantal said...

Interesting new block. Great job on the orange scrap front. ;^)

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Wonderful internationally inspired blocks! I love them all!

Sandy Panagos said...

What fun fabrics! Loving your fabric combinations.