Tuesday, August 9, 2022

A Few More Big Baskets of Cherries







Cherry Baskets 7-12
Goal is 18 baskets to be set on point
Baskets finish at 15 inches.
Only 6 more to go! 
Then I have to figure out what to use for side setting triangles. 

The last several days we have had a heat wave and rain. I've just been sitting in front of the fan, sewing, and listening to the weeds grow in the garden.   This morning the humidity and temps are a lot lower and so I think I'll be able to once again get outside and do something about those weeds and maybe harvest some crops if the critters (groundhog, racoons, deer, rabbits, squirrels, moles, voles, and gophers) have left me anything. Oh happy day!

And sew on...

 

4 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

We had some rain that broke the heat/dry wave yesterday. Unfortunately, we are on vacation and it knocked the power out for hours. Pretty dark in the woods. Love your comments about hearing the weeds growing.

Linda said...

Love those baskets of cherries. You have such pretty fabrics, perfect for this block. The ricrac handles are a super addition.

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Such pretty baskets!!! Are you hand stitching the rick rack down? That's a clever idea!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I like the baskets tipped on their sides but I know on point takes less blocks with more filler at the edge.