Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Quilts of September #15

Hourglass
60 x 80

I won a layer cake in a drawing a few years ago. Last year I decided to do something with it and I ended up making stack and whack Hourglasses.  The layer cake was kind of a weird one - it had some of what I would consider baby quilt type squares along with floral ones. I pulled out the baby squares for some other someday quilt and added in some of my own florals, polka dots and ginghams. 




I quilted it 1/2 inch from the seams vertically, horizontally and diagonally.  I thought I had some variegated pink, blue and white thread but couldn't find it when it came time for quilting so I ended up using white thread. Of course I found that variegated thread a couple of days later. 

For the binding I used different pastel scraps in pink and blue.


I finally found the perfect quilt for the pink and white striped cotton sheet I picked up from the thrift store ages ago. 




That's finish #15 for September!
My OMG (One Monthly Goal) is to see how many quilts I can finish in September.

And on to the next!
(How many will I finish in September????) 


 

10 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Another beautiful quilt!

Linda said...

Very pretty quilt, a lovely one for a little girl’s bed.

Julie in GA said...

You are definitely a woman with a mission! I'm amazed at how many quilts you are getting finished this month. Keep it up!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Very cozy and calm. Great finish.

Karen said...

I'm cheering you on from the side-lines! Go, go, go!

---"Love" said...

You're getting there, Girl! I bet you make it to one a day average this month! ---"Love"

Connie said...

Such a pretty quilt . . . love the soft colors :)

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on finish #15, Cathy!!!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

This one looks fun!!

QuiltGranma said...

Great inspiration, thank you for the ideas.