Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Now With Borders


I now have a 4.5 inch border pieced of greens all around on The Farm. 


First I added a dark one inch green tone on tone border all around. 


I then pieced together a variety of different lengths of 3.5 inch width pieces of green leafy fabrics. 

I'm not usually one to add borders to a quilt but this one seemed to need one. 
I like the quilt much better now. 


It's still early in the month so let's see if I can earn some bonus points and a smiley face. I'm going to try to piece the backing, pin baste and quilt. I said TRY! 😉



9 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

A leafy green border was a great choice for On the Farm. Congrats on getting the quilt top finished! Best of luck on earning bonus points, too. :o))

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Looks great with the green border. I'm the same... I'm sort of border-averse but, sometimes the quilt asks for a border!

Linda said...

Yes, the green borders work. Definitely some extra points if you finish the quilt before the end of the month. Here’s A smiley face to cheer you on.😊

Pamela Arbour said...

You chose some nice fabrics for your borders. It really turned out nice and it looks comfortable too.

SandyPA said...

I agree the borders add a nice frame to this quilt. Lovely quilt top finish!

Louise said...

The green fabrics are so leafy that they almost disappear against your garden backdrop! The thin stop border works really well, and was extra-ambitious :)

QuiltGranma said...

You framed that scrappy quilt beautifully!

gayle said...

Oh, perfect! As a big fan of borders I can say you chose wisely and well! Now the quilt is able to say 'look at me - I'm fabulous!'

audrey said...

Love your scrappy, but similarly colored border addition! Intensifies the quilt sparkles.:)