Friday, March 20, 2020

Reward

I decided to reward myself with a new start because I completed my goal of finishing 18 UFOs this quarter.  Even though I told myself I was not going to make any more mystery quilts I decided to break my vow and follow along with a new Laundry Basket Quilts mystery.  I've been looking for a quilt to make with rose themed scraps and yardage if need be.  The first block was released today and I have finished all four of mine using scraps. 

While I'm in the rose themed scraps box I will also cut  and prep more squares for...
...that I started last year to use rose themed scraps and crochet thread I have on hand. 

6 comments:

Teresa said...

Going to be a pretty quilt. Nice to have a new project while having to stay home.

Linda said...

Both projects look so pretty.

mangozz said...

I was considering this quilt a long but I don't have any fat quarter or half yard bundles laying around. In fact, I don't believe that I have ever owned one and they look like so much fun too, but I don't think I could take the ribbon off and use it. Anyways, are you going to try and use the colors she is using or are you just going to improvise as you go? I might just join in too, but I have so many other quilts started...you know how that goes.

Louise said...

Your first blocks are so soft and pretty! Some of those fabric look like vintage sheets.

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Fun to start something new, and what could be prettier than roses?

gayle said...

Looks like everything's coming up roses at your house!
It's always fun to start a new project! (Ask me how I know...)