Saturday, March 14, 2020

Blue-green Two Inch Scraps

This week I worked with blue-green scraps in the 2 inch bin. 

Little Houses Made of Ticky Tacky
They finish at 3 inches. I've been making these for a couple of years. 

Wedding Rings that finish at 7.5 inches.  This is my second year of making these. 

 Little Stars that finish at 4.5 inches. I've been making these off and on for a number of years. I use 2 inch scraps for the background and little waste triangle pieces for the star points. I'm really trying to concentrate on making more of these this year. At year end I'm hoping there will be enough for a couple of small donation quilts. 
 Sixteen Patches that finish at 6 inches. I've been making these for a couple of years too. Last year I was thinking I would combine them with an alternate block but then decided against it and will just be using Sixteen Patches in a quilt. At this point I should count how many blocks I have and decide how many more I need. 

This month I've decided to make Hourglass Four Patches from 2 inch scraps. A single Hourglass finishes at 3 inches. The foursome finishes at 6 inches.  And since I cut the Hourglass pieces with a Companion Angle ruler I use the Easy Angle ruler to cut the beginning and ending pieces which results in little HST pieces I made and also combined into little foursomes. 

17 comments:

scraphappy said...

Love those houses. I've been thinking of a block for the isolation to come. A house block seems like a nicely symbolic choice.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

all of your blocks are so pretty! well done

Marly said...

I like all your projects, but especially the HSTs from end of strip right angle triangles. I save them too, but forget to use them!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Lots of pretty blue-greens! I always enjoy seeing what blocks you've been working on!

Julierose said...

Lovely blue/greens...those houses are really so cute...nice work going on at your place;))) hugs, Julierose

gayle said...

I love all your blocks!
(And those little fellas at the bottom look kinda familiar...)

Maria said...

Hi Cathy!
I'm a new reader to the blog (about two months now) and love checking in daily. I'm curious about your scrap storage and distribution. You refer to various sizes and color categories and I'm curious if you have a post or a list that details every size you keep or what you group with what. I'd love to learn about the containers things are in but im mainly curious about the size breakdown and color breakdown. Do you have a flow chart of what happens to a scrap as it gets smaller? I would lose the sequence if it were all just kept in my head! I'm in awe of your abilities!

Jennifer said...

you have a fantastic assortment of RSC projects going on! good job!

The Joyful Quilter said...

SEW many wonderful TEAL prints in your scrappy blocks!! I'm particularly impressed with your efficient use of those Bonus HSTs.

Jenny said...

Lots of beautiful RSC teal sewing going on. I particularly love the little houses, so cute. I made a bunch of little houses myself last year as a leader and ended project so must get them stitched together......sometime.

Marie Cloutier said...

I love your blocks! You're inspiring me to use the bag of 2 inch squares I've saved for something cute.

Linda said...

All your blocks are great. I always love the Ticky Tacky houses and Wonky Stars.

Julie in GA said...

So many beautiful teal projects! It's hard to pick a favorite, but for today I'd say the Wedding Rings (or maybe the 16-patches?) Anyway, they all look great!

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

All your blocks are great but I LOVE the sixteen patches - that's on my "list" and I think your combinations are so fresh and pretty.

Pamela Arbour said...

Love looking at all of your blues

MissPat said...

I can't wait to get home (eta Fri, the 20th) so I can dive back into all my ongoing projects. Need to cut up some pieces for more houses. I've picked up so any great ideas while blog surfing on my travels, but I need to inventory the WIPs and UFOs and start to finish.
Pat

Susie H said...

Cathy, your blocks are always so pretty. Love those little houses!