It's a top!
74 x 87
It all started with a box of low volume strings and...
...with a few string heart blocks I made a few years ago. My original intent was to make a whole quilt of String Hearts but then I decided I did not like the process.
I had a c. 1890 string quilt in my vintage inspiration journal. I decided those heart blocks would be a nice center row for this quilt and so I set about making my version.
The Hourglass and HST rows were cut from low volume pieces from the 3.5 inch scrap bin and some were cut from scrap chunks.
Sometimes making a quilt from actual scraps and strings is a lot of work...far more work than just cutting up yardage. Taming long unevenly cut strings with strings...mostly backing trimmings...is not often an easy task. But I did enjoy the process.
Pnuema is now ready for quilting...someday.
Now I'm ready for something bright and wild.
No...I did not empty my box of low volume strings AND I now have a big shoe box of low volume crumbs and short strings. What to do...what to do...hmmmm...