This is day 10 of my sewing machine in the shop. I have been cutting, cutting, cutting and doing hand work instead. I finally got out my old Kenny Kenmore (nice plain guy who has been around since the 70s) and did some sewing to ease those sewing withdrawal pains I've been experiencing. I used to make all of our clothes with Kenny. I'm not sure why I quit using him and thought I needed anything else.
Anyway...I made 3 brown Whatchamacallit (21 patch) blocks from my 1.5 inch scraps. Scraps are cut 1.5 x 2.5 and then sewn together with a neutral 1.5 x 2.5 scrap for a little block that measures 2.5 square. Twenty one of those little squares are sewn into blocks of 3 x 7. Finished size of the block is 6 x 14.
And here's how they will look together with other colors someday in a big quilt.
This will continue into 2018. Instead of using 1.5 scraps next year I think I'll cut a 1.5 piece off the end of 2.5 inch scraps for variety.