44 x 60
This is the fat quarter to be used.
I combined it with a 12 inch Bird Block I won several months ago in a Sunshine Online Quilt Guild Block Lotto, some six inch Flower and Rosebud orphan blocks and some ten inch Practical Orchard orphan blocks, some scraps and some bird themed six inch charms I've had left over from various swaps. Most of the orphan blocks were intended for different swaps but I didn't feel them worthy because they had some imperfections of some type. For instance that purple flower block with the yellow center had a center that was the wrong size. Anyway...they were all very old orphans and I'm glad they are moving out of the house.
The backing is a double border print from a garage sale. At least I think that's where it came from. I pulled a piece of masking tape off of it that said 2 yds - $1.00. I had intended to make the quilt 42 inches wide so I could take advantage of the length of it but ended up with a quilt 44 wide so, darn it...I had to use something else. But while digging around I found a piece of sheet cut off from another quilt back that was about the same color so I added that to the width of the quilt and had a backing.
This is the first time I've tried using the serpentine stitch on my machine. I meant to sew lengthwise instead of width wise but must have spaced out right at the start. But it all worked out okay. And I'll probably use the serpentine stitch again.