Tuesday, January 24, 2012

TAST 2012 Weeks 3 and 4 - Feather and Cretan Stitches

This week's TAST stitch is the Cretan stitch. I have never done this stitch before. I just can't seam to get into the rhythm of it but I tried. Maybe if I had used my smaller squared gingham it would have been easier but I doubt it. I will just have to practice, practice, practice and then practice some more. I've really avoided this stitch but glad I forced myself to try it. I will have to use it on a seam on my CQJP 2012 quilt too. 

I thought I had posted my stitch from last week - feather stitch - but looks like I forgot. So, here's my feather stitch and another happy block for my lap quilt 

And here's the Happy Block lap quilt squares so far. I need to add the last two blocks on to the quilt and then start some more stitching on the white part which will be quotes or thoughts on my word for 2012 which is LISTEN. (I don't think enough people do). 

Go on over to Sharon's blog, Pin Tangle to see what everyone else has done for the Cretan stitch. I know I'm going to check it out. There is also a link on my side bar.

5 comments:

Christina said...

Love your Cretan stitch, so fresh and fruity.

Isabelle said...

very cute. the colors are so fresh

Savitha Sambath Kumar said...

Its Beautiful. thanks for sharing.

Raphaela said...

Beautiful stitching.

Susan said...

I had trouble getting this one down, also. I like what you've done with it.