Sunday, January 22, 2012

More Roses


This is Kathy's completed block ready to return home to her. This was a roses themed rr over on CQI Yahoo Group that 5 ladies participate in. I was the last to stitch on this block. Rita, Meg and Ruby did their magic before me. 
I added a wired ribbon wild rose and bud and leaves and to the right some peach colored spider web roses to fill up a gap where someone's lace didn't quite extend to the edge. 

Over on the left hand side of the block there was a naked seam so I added a few sweetheart roses. 

Here's my addition of a "shabby chic" butterfly and some bullion roses. There is another shabby butterfly on there somewhere too. 

So, that ends my stitching for both rose themed RRs I was in. Now I can't wait to get my own blocks home! I have really enjoyed this RR. I think I will make two more blocks for myself since I bought a new book on ribbon roses. 

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I have enjoyed your work on each of the rose blocks. Thank you for sharing them with your readers. I just love the butterfly!