Wednesday, January 4, 2012

TAST 2012 - Fly Stitch

I'm using "happy blocks" (4.5 inch centers with 2.5 inch sides) as my TAST canvases. I made the centers of ginghams and stripes, etc. so I would have a graph to practice on and I will sew them all together into a sampler lap quilt at the end of the year (or sooner). I think I will put a border of fly stitch between the gingham and white. 

And this block has leaves and petals of fly stitch. I think I will also border this with a fly stitch border. In the white sections I will probably do a little more doodling and stitch some phrases and words. 

To see how others have used the fly stitch visit Sharon Boggon's blog PINTANGLE. 

8 comments:

Arlene Delloro said...

Very creative sampler! I am finishing a 9 block miniature to use as my sampler, but have seen such better ideas, I may end up with more than one.

Lorraine said...

Lovely variations on your "flies"!

bluemuf said...

very nice, love the flower

Rose Mary said...

Love your squares, great job, love the gingham.

Raphaela said...

Great idea to make happy blocks. I like your stitching on the happy ground. And I like your flower very much.

Suztats said...

What a great idea using gingham for the 'grid'! Love that fly stitch flower!

Savitha Sambath Kumar said...

very nice Fly stitches

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

This looks happy to me. Lovely job.

FlowerLady