Saturday, January 21, 2012

Happy Summer

Last year we swapped summer themed 5.5 inch squares over on the I Spy Yahoo Group. I used the swapped fabrics for the centers for a happy block...

 ... and now I have them all sewn and quilted into a quilt for the camper called "Happy Summer". I'm sure the DGKs will love to sit on it under a tree and play games with their cousins at the campground.
I don't have (and probably never will) a longarm quilter but I got a little adventurous and tried a free motion quilting beginner design from Leah Day's website called "spiral knots". Backing shows as white on my monitor but it is actually a light green. 

And now I'm linking up to Pigtales and Quilts  because she is having a linky party - I Love a Good Swap Party because I do! 

There will be more to come because I have lots of blocks in drawers and wips because I have participated in swaps for years on all the lists I'm on.  Next up will probably be my Buckeye Beauty quilt that just needs a border, quilting, and binding. 

3 comments:

Thearica said...

Your quilt turned out fabulous!! Thanks for joining the linky party this month! Hope to see you next month too!

kerrykatiecakes2 said...

Love your quilt, Cathy! I love seeing these happy blocks put together!

Thearica said...

Morning Cathy... Just a heads up the swap party is going to go live again on March 1st!

I am glad to be getting back to my normal postings. :)

I will also announce Januarys winner some time today with a shout out for the swap party to resume.