Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Am I Sane? Or Going Crazy?

Replacement block for Alice . The original I did for her (CQI RR Pansy RR) got lost in the mail. I tried to make it close to the original.

An Autumn block for Ritva (CQI Autumn RR). I tried a few new stitches like drizzle stitch and wheatear?

My first Dorset button. I followed a tutorial at CQ Magazine Online.

This is Rose Ann's block for the Encrusted RR. The RR doesn't actually start until Oct 1 but she mailed it to me early so I started stitching. Several other ladies will stitch on this same block.

Pansy button - I used a transfer on a button and sprayed it with something to preserve. I added some cast on stitch pansies around it. This is a detail shot from the same RR as above.

Heart detail from Rose Ann's Encrusted RR block. I outlined lace then added bullions and spider web roses, french knots, etc.

These are supposed to be morning glories made with cup stitch. And that is supposed to be a satin ribbon straight stitch hummingbird with his/her beak stuck in a flower. This is also detail from Rose Ann's block.

I just finished embroidering some napkins with celtic motifs for my dad and step mom for Christmas. I hope I can get around to adding some placemats to go with them. I have collected some celtic fabrics I really like. Dad loves all things Irish/Celtic. Fabric was on sale at 60 per cent off and is greener than it looks in this photo.

My stitching on Angies block for the White, Cream Silver (Sparkling Silver Group) RR on CQ For Newbies. Other ladies will be adding to the same block. The tatted motif was on the block when I received it so I can't claim it. This is a color study and we are limited to white, cream and silver only.

Angie's whole block after me.
Stripey Black on Black/Batik Quilt (previously a UFO) is now complete! I LOVE it. I'm not sure if I will keep it or put it in my future gifts pile. The blocks were part of a monthly swap at Blockbuddies Yahoo Group. It was a fun way to get a lot of different batiks and surprise mail each month!

All my siblings and dad/stepmom will start arriving from all parts of the U.S. (from CA to FL) for my nephew's wedding on Saturday. I can't wait.

No comments: