Saturday, September 18, 2010

Buttons

I followed a tutorial for button painting that Gerry Krueger had on her blog. I really can't even draw a stick figure but Gerry's tutorial said anyone could paint a rose. Always up for a challenge I picked up the proper paintbrushes, went through my button stash acquired from thrift stores for the biggest buttons I could find, and went through the acrylics I had in a shoe box for some paints the colors of roses and leaves. I left my prepped buttons sitting on the table for quite some time before I got up the courage to try to paint the roses on them. And yesterday, with shaky hands, I started. I will never be up to Gerry standards (check her etsy shop for some really beautiful buttons), but I can say I tried.


And, I embroidered some pansy buttons.



1 comment:

Darlene said...

Great job with the buttons! and the quilts are very sweet.