Girls in Pink
40 x 60
I have a large bag of pale strings I've been working from. Most of the strings are leftovers cut from the sides of quilt backings. I've been throwing strings in there for several years. I am working on a large String Star quilt from some of those strings. In the bottom of the bag I found a couple of large pieces of novelty fabric with little girls on it.
So I cut some 6.5 inch blocks for some wonky log cabin centers, used some of the strings from that large bag of pale strings, and turned them into a quilt.
I pieced together some batting and found a piece of a solid pink sheet in my stash for backing.
I'm not sure if you can see it well enough in the photos but I quilted it with some free motion three-petaled flowers and loops on my DSM.
I actually had some leftover binding in different shades of solid pink. So that got used.
I'm getting a little better at binding on my DSM.
This will be donated to Wrap-A-Smile. Wrap-A-Smile is a partner of Rotaplast International, Inc. an organization committed to helping children and families worldwide by eliminating the burden of cleft lip and/or palate, burn scarring, and other deformities.