Thursday, January 26, 2017

Rock a Bad Hair Day


I was having a bad day at work today.  (My hair is always bad). Someone noticed and gave me a Dove chocolate. And guess what the wrapper said on it inside..."Rock a Bad Hair Day" ! So I TRIED to do just that.  (I always obey instructions from chocolates). 


Now that I have picked up my repaired sewing machine (fix at no cost because it is less than 1 year old) and am home from work and will be off now through Monday I think I will fix myself a hot chocolate and go sew some more Selvage Blocks like these I sewed the other day on my old Kenny Kenmore.   

Sometimes a girl just needs a little mindless sewing (and chocolate) to Rock a Bad Hair Day. 

I have to admit that a Purple Cow sighting also rocked my bad hair day and made me smile. 
Thanks, Sally! 

12 comments:

Connie said...

You are certainly an original and I love, love, love your blog :)
I see things here to inspire and challenge that are far more unique than anywhere else in blog-land.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Omigosh - that a PERFECT name for a scrappy quilt!!! So glad your machine is back home.

Angie said...

You rock! Thanks for the great life lesson: always obey instructions from chocolates!!

Ann said...

"Always obey instructions from chocolates." Definitely a working hypothesis.
Enjoy your extra days off.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Sometimes a little mindless sewing is about all we can manage, but chocolate makes it all better! Those selvages are going to make the best quilt! And thanks for the heads up on the purple cow - very fun!

Louise said...

Hmm, all my chocolates say the same thing to me..."Why stop at just one?" I'm glad you work in the kind of place where kindly co-workers (purple cow-orkers?) offer Doves to help, and glad you have your machine back! :)

gayle said...

You rock everything!
That purple cow is really a temptation, isn't it?

Terry said...

Well, we all have our bad days, but chocolate helps. And the purple cow was a winner!

Julierose said...

Since my (very fine) hair has come in white (aaargh!) I cannot seem to control it at all (in the mornings I look like a sleepy squirrel--just sayin') ...so every day has been a bad hair day here too...Need a good style...
I really like your blocks--so neat...they look like fun to make...
hugs enjoy the chocolate (I'm going to hahaha) Julierose

Sally Trude said...

I aim to please. Especially someone who spreads so much cheer with bright happy quilting.

Emily said...

Such a timely fortune! I can see how a purple cow sighting would cheer anyone up!

Kaja said...

Hope chocolate and mindless sewing made life seem better. If a chocolate gave me instructions, I too would obey!