Saturday, August 8, 2026

Some Yellow Scraps

Yellow is the Rainbow Scrap Challenge (RSC) color of the month. I added a round of 2 x 3.5 yellow rectangles to the Giant Potato Chip quilt. 

More yellow 2 x 3.5 rectangles as well as pink and orange ones I didn't get sewn together in past months went into Streak of Lightning blocks. 

More 2 inch width scraps went into Courthouse Steps blocks. 

And sew on...

***
Oh joy! I received THREE boxes of goodies from Ry Lynn. What a treat it was to sort through the boxes of comfort quilt fodder. There's just something about looking at fabric that soothes the soul. I think that goes back to the summers I spent with my grandparents on their farm. I just loved to sit on one of grandma's quilts and look at all the fabrics. Her quilts were made from old clothes and she would sometimes tell me stories about what that fabric used to be and who wore it and what happened one time when whomever was wearing whatever that fabric used to be. Good times! Good memories! Soul soothing I tell you!

***
I finished a book! By the River's Edge by Gregg Olsen.  "By the River’s Edge is the astonishing true story of an elusive serial killer, an escape plan like no other, and the women who lived and died on the fringes of the Lilac City for whom justice was at long last served."...Amazon

***

Reminding myself to take a deep breath and stop and smell my roses every once in a while. 

 

2 comments:

Elle said...

YELLOW!!!! Such a happy color and your blocks are fab. I don't know why people shy away from yellow......

Smell the roses indeed :-)

Kat Scribner said...

Your giant potato chip quilt is looking great ! What a fun idea.