I've been crocheting some hats for Christmas gifts for kids on the Rosebud reservation. I have a bin of old yarn I have been using left over from the days I made things for my grandkids.
I've been trying different patterns looking for an easy one I could work on while I'm with John in the hospital after his surgery. I usually just take along my kindle loaded with books but sometimes a lot of reading makes me drowsy. So this time I'll crochet and I'll read.
I wanted a pattern that could be easily worked without many increases/decreases, row counting, etc. In a hospital I can be easily distracted and lose my place.
This one was pretty easy. I did add 3 rows of single crochet at bottom for a little band on this one.
This one is really easy so this is the one I will take along to work on. I think I will take a big skein of yarn like red or black along with little bits of leftover yarns and make the band with leftover yarn and add a couple of stripes around in that same color just to spice things up a bit.
Can you tell that I like variegated yarns?
And sew on...
2 comments:
I may pack the same tools for my hub's surg this week. Except, I'll be trying again to learn how to do it.
Laura H.
Nice hats
Post a Comment